Friday, June 11, 2010


Another warm day in Milwaukee. This has been a beautiful spring. The gardens all over the city look lush and green. Our garden is making us very happy as everything seems to be blooming at once. I do not remember having lilacs, peonies, and day lilies blooming at the same time.

Several years ago I started a white garden. I even planted a white clematis to take the white in a vertical direction. The plant just disappeared so 2 years ago I put in what I thought was another white one. It turned out to be purple but did so well I left it where it was. This year it is filled with blooms and is growing over the top of the trellis arch we installed in the garden. I was out inspecting the plant so I could train the strays wandering into the garden to grow up the trellis and what to my surprise should I find? Where has this plant been for the last 10 years?


Last year I brought a darling pregnant stray cat into our home. I had been feeding her throughout the winter and when I realized she was pregnant I knew I had to bring her into our house to keep her, and her future babies, safe. We named her Trouvee which means found in French. She turned out to be a wonderful mother to the 7 little kittens she brought into the world. She is a very sweet loving cat and is a wonderful addition to our family.

We decided to keep one of the babies of the litter as well. We have called her an assortment of names and it always seems to be Baby to which she answers. Baby and Trouvee are 10 years younger than our other cats and have been trying to decide where they belong in the hierarchy of cats in our home. They are always jockeying for position with each other as a result. Where ever I am in the house they need to be there too. I have a bookcase in our computer room with a file case on the top shelf. This became a special place to sleep so I put a kitty pad on top of it. Baby and Trouvee vied for position and one or the other was there every day. Yesterday Trouvee beat Baby to the room and got first dibs on the special spot. Baby had enough and decided there was room for 2. She took action and this was the end result.

Enjoy this day.

Roberta


No comments:

Post a Comment