Wednesday, June 30, 2010

It is another beautiful day in Milwaukee. I started sewing again yesterday but today it was sitting outside in the screen porch and watching our kitten breathe in the outdoor life. What fun it was to watch outside activity through the eyes of a year old kitten. She watched chickadees cracking open sunflowers seeds. She saw a family of sparrows where the mom and dad sparrow were trying to teach their fledglings how to land on a perch of a bird feeder. One of the little sparrows landed on the top of the awning and the kitten watched it's shadow and it's movement in amazement. An apple dropped from the crab tree that both startled and fascinated the kitten when it thudded. The robins spent their time eating service berries and hopping from one branch to another. We sat out there for over an hour and she never saw the same movement twice. She is now fast asleep and I am sure dreaming wonderful dreams after her morning adventures. I was not aware of how much activity there is within a few trees until today. It was a most pleasant and relaxing time. Breathe in the sun and air. We do not have many days like this in Milwaukee and when they are here they are to be cherished.









Several days ago I opened a window in our computer room and it was immediately filled with cats. They do love fresh air and the world outside.


The garden is growing faster than any time I can remember. Plants are ahead of their normal blooming time. I hope this means the fall plants will have a longer blooming time, one not cut short by frost.



I sent the Delonix for Art off with my daughter Wendy to the Red Line gallery auction. I started this in Jane Sassaman's class and loved her creating technique. I outlined stitched the piece in Jane's style but finished quilting it in mine.















No comments:

Post a Comment